The Citizen Lab, Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy, University of Toronto, is hiring a Systems and Security Technical Lead. Reporting to the Director of Administration and working under the general direction of the Director, Citizen Lab in coordination with the University of Toronto’s Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), you will be responsible for working with Information Technology staff and resources at Citizen Lab and the wider University to minimize risk of the compromising of information, data, servers, and server-based applications. Work is done in the context of existing policy, guidelines and applicable legislation in a fluid, consultative environment. You will assume responsibility for the strategic and tactical planning and provision of systems security, confidentiality, privacy, and risk management in the areas of systems administration, server and service design, implementation, operation, and support.
Systems and Security Technical Lead acts as a project manager for IT projects that fall within areas related to Information Security or projects, which include confidential and restricted information following the security standards and best practices for Identity and Access Management, Information Disclosure, Information Integrity, Business Continuity and Protection of Privacy.
Who you are:
- Expert level understanding of the Linux operating systems at both server and client level.
- Comprehensive knowledge of TCP/IP networking and client-server architecture and protocols.
- Strong understanding of network configuration, hardware and next-gen firewall/IPS technologies (Cisco ASA, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto)
- Expert level understanding of the following access control technologies – LDAP and Kerberos.
- Expert knowledge of Virtual Private Networks (VPNs). Expert knowledge of Encryption technologies at network, file and file-system levels.
- Strong understanding of cryptographic certificates and the operation of certificate authorities.
- Excellent communication, instruction, and presentation skills.
- Able to describe a variety of complex technical concepts or policies to users and senior leadership at all technical experience levels and to deliver security awareness and education content to faculty, staff and students.
The Citizen Lab is an interdisciplinary laboratory based at the Munk School of Global Affairs & Public Policy, University of Toronto, focusing on research, development, and high-level strategic policy and legal engagement at the intersection of information and communication technologies, human rights, and global security. Headquartered in Toronto, we are a dynamic, diverse, and an inclusive workspace.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
You can learn more about the position here.
Closing Date: 07/07/2023, 11:59 PM ET
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone: PM 3 — Hiring Zone: $82,692 – $96,473 — Broadband Salary Range: $82,692 – $137,819
Job Category: Information Technology (IT)
For queries, email: inquiries at citizenlab.ca